Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday Ramblings

My nest is almost empty of my family unit:
- Ryan is in Peterborough
- Amanda in Florida
- Derek at the youth retreat
- Kevin in the Philippines leading our missions team
So it's Joey (dog) and I holding down the fort. Roxanne and her girls arrived on Friday. It was SO strange last night as everyone was in bed by 11 pm... it was unusaully quiet.. not even any giggling or late night chattering coming from the bedrooms!! Those boys sure do create a lot of the household noise and of course, Kevin does keep the "ball rolling" with the lads. LOL

Today I'm especially grateful for my living room which gets the gorgeous southern exposure. I have a long list of errands and things "to do" but simply couldn't tear myself away from basking in the sunlight. It's like sitting in a sunroom. If Amy were here, she'd be sprawled out on a blanket in her bikini tanning... come on over girl friend. So I've spent the morning sipping coffee while drinking in the rays and didn't even have to leave the comfort of my home... or clean up the sand afterwards!! Although I won't object to an all expenses paid trip to a sunshine resort - bring it on!!

9 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

I love sitting in sunbeams!

We are missing our son as he is away for the weekend at a Youth Convention. But we are enjoying some quality time with our daughter. We watched a movie together last night (The Truman Show). This morning we took her out for breakfast (Denny's; her choice) and then shopping at the Mall. I did buy her something...but she has to wait a week to see it...it's her 11th Birthday next Saturday!

Roxanne said...

I think Shari's thankful for the chocolate breakfast too! Holly, sounds like a good weekend with your daughter. We are enjoying girls' weekend here too.

Tammy said...

Empty nest, wierd. I slept in and then I was off to the gym. Not my idea of relaxation. Enjoying the sunshine though, there is hope for spring on days like today.

Jen said...

Yeah, Youth and Jr High Convention has us thrown back many years to a time of only 2 kids....we have enjoyed our girl time...with Mark and, OH! He just came in with Vanilla ice cream and Easter cream eggs....we have waited long enough for McDonalds....we are making our own Easter- Jen -Flurries! YUMMMY!

Praise and Coffee said...

Sounds awesome, so glad you had that special time today.

Blessings,
Sue

Rhonda said...

I'm glad you had a chance to sit & relax and enjoy!

Amy said...

oh...sunshine!!
I must admit I ALWAYS sit in the sunbeam shining into my kitchen on the days it is sunny--somtimes for minutes--once in a blue for hours--but never with my bikini Shari. Thanks for the offer though!!
Jen,
Too funny--Heather and I made homemade Easter creme flurrys for the boyz last night!! Great minds think alike!

Rhonda said...

I love all of the changes you've made to your blog.

Giving you award. Stop by to see...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I love enjoying the sun!
It has been especially warm here for a few weeks, with lots of sun... and I too, have been enjoying basking in it, even as I drive to and from work!