Tuesday, February 5, 2008

SILENCE


This photo is entitled "Silence must be Heard"
... just listen.

Be still and know that HE IS GOD.

7 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

I used to be almost afraid to be alone with my thoughts. But I think that I am learning that in the silent times I can hear better, feel better and get a greater understanding of what God is doing and also know his great love for me...

Jen said...

I really like this picture!

amanda said...

very pretty pic mom!

Williams Family Blog said...

I love the picture. I also enjoy taking the time to be silent and listen to God. Some of my favorite places to be "still and know that I am God" are when I am out in the beauty of his creation. Paddling a canoe on a remote lake, hiking to the top of a mountain or walking through a grove of evergreen trees after a really heavy snowfall.
(If there was not four kids in my house today I would be heading into the woods for a walk.)

Shari said...

Karen
Do you like snowshoeing? I haven't gone in years BUT love going through the woods.
I would also enjoy getting some lessons on canoing from you. There is something magical about moving through the water with only the sounds of nature and the occassional splash of water.

Shari said...

Karen
I did a post on Feb 3 on God's Silent Love - it'a a phrase that Jenna penned on her blog.

Amy said...

I took a few moments the LAST snow storm, as I was shoveling my drive way, to revel in God's wonderful beauty--be it snow and all!! It was absolutely beautiful. And so very peaceful. I didn't even realize how cold I actually was. God is so good.