Friday, February 1, 2008

SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR

1) CELL PHONES - They make life SO much easier - especially to track down my Kids.

2) FIRE PLACE or WOOD STOVE - When it's cold out NOTHING beats sitting next to a warm fireplace - especially when it's accompanied with a peice of Rhonda's homemade cocoanut cream pie…YUM!!

3) SNOW DAYS - An unplanned chance to stay home together and just "veg".

4) LAUGHTER – It’s been “good medicine” over the years.

5) SLIPPERS – Have I mentioned that I hate being COLD? Warm feet help make for a warm Shari!

6) GOOD NEIGHBOURS - Our driveway was loaded with heavy snow, which meant a ton of shoveling for Kevin and D – until our neighbour came over with his snow blower. Thank you Larry!

7) Microwaves – Come on girls, do you remember what life was like before microwaves… now leftovers are a breeze to reheat.

8) FAMILY – This past week I’ve had my entire kids home for several nights. Tuesday night I had my sister Roxanne and her family overnight along with my brother Darin (we rarely see Darin). When family comes there is sure to be tons of laughter.

9) BOOKS AND THE ABILITY TO READ – I’ve started reading several books this week, including “Captivating”. Rhonda, Tammy and myself are reading this book. If you're interested in joining in - check out Rhonda's blog at www.theheartofamother.blogspot.com

10) COFFEE - Roxanne gave me a new coffee perker for Christmas. I LOVE the smell of coffee and the full flavor is even better.

Have a great Saturday... now I'm going to have my cup of coffee... and so on...and so on!!

11 comments:

Rhonda said...

Sounds like a wonderful week and wonderful things to be thankful for. It's great when someone surprises you by cleaning out your driveway.

Jen said...

AHHH Yes...the simple pleasures in life...what would we do with out them?

Shaun and Holly said...

Great list Shari.
This is kinda off topic, I guess but does go along with your keeping warm theme....
Does anyone have (and use) an Electric Blanket? I have been temped to get one this winter, but wondered how people like them?

Vicki said...

Don't forget me! I'm also reading Captivating ...

So much to be thankful for, but being warm is high on my list as well!

Shari said...

Holly
Jenna uses an electric blanket - so you'll have to ask her. We looked for one - they are REALLY hard to find. The only place we found one was at Sears for around 100 dollars.

Shari said...

Vicki - am I correct that you got Captivating at the public library.. I know Rhonda told me that someone did... but I cant' recall if that was you?

Shaun and Holly said...

Electric blankets are on sale this week at Canadian tire...I THINK for 39.99?? I am tempted....

Amy said...

Oh Shari--I absolutely LOVE slippers...I try to refrain from purchasing them, but when I see them I WANT them!! lol.
As for the neighbours....could you send me over yours?? I was out at 9 p.m. after the kids were safe and sleeping sound...SHOVELING that HEAVY snow by myself as Mike was working. If you sent me the snowblower I'd use it!

Shari said...

Holly - That a GREAT deal on an electric blanket!!

Sorry Amy - we don't have a snow blower... but I do have a healthy sixteen year old boy that I'm SURE would LOVE to bless his worship leaders family!!

Tammy said...

mmmmmm...warmth, sun, palm trees.....
Finished the first chapter of the book. Great book!!!!

Jenna Dowling said...

I have been picking up Captivating and putting it down for the past 5 months now, I can't seem to get passed the canoe part haha! But I have heard nothing but incredible things about it - let me know how it is! I will someday read for enjoyment instead of this medieval stuff I am paying an arm and a leg for. :)
Nice list!!