Saturday, March 8, 2008

Experienced - Perhaps even a Pro

I stink at sports, am "okay" at driving, don't do too badly in the kitchen but when it comes to cleaning up from a flood or water... I'm experienced - VERY experienced! Maybe I could even qualify as a pro in the area of responding to a water emergency.

It has just happened AGAIN. Roxanne discovered water in the laundry room... not a huge amount but never the less water. A leaky washing machine is the culprit. Can you enlighten me as to how a 10 month old washing machine can be leaking OR better yet how it just HAPPENS to be the washing machine that ends up in MY basement laundry room?!?!?!

I want you all to know that the emergency water response team was in fine shape tonight. We made the discovery, assessed the situation. Roxanne mopped, while I moved stuff. Derek got the fan and I was wheeling the dehumidifier into the room ALL within a matter of 10 minutes or less... now that should definately qualify us for an award or at the very least memorable mention amoungst the "pros".

Remember girls in every cloud... there is a a rain drop... or two ... or three.... or....

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow! I do think you deserve an award. You are efficient in a crisis!

Yesterday I opened my fairly new washing machine to throw in some clothes, and when I did water came pouring out. The last time I used it , I left it empty. And now it was half full of water. Hmmmm.

Shari said...

Do you require my services... for you I will give a deal!!

Shaun and Holly said...

Sorry about the water...

This morning Shaun and I spent HOURS shoveling snow and removing it from our house's roof. I PRAY this is the last of the white stuff...

Shari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this.... annoying and a test of your patience and character I am sure.

Tammy said...

Crisis situations are your specialty for sure, to bad were not all as lucky (blessed) as Cheryl enjoying early spring in B.C. Were all coming for a visit......

Jen said...

Shari, there is only one solution for you and Kevin and Leaky basements....sell and buy on a slab!