Thursday, March 13, 2008

For Roxanne's Passion of Umbrella's











9 comments:

Roxanne said...

My fav is the big red one in the last photo.

Shari said...

I like this one too!!

Roxanne said...

I've just learned that 'umbrella' is from Latin 'umbra', which in turn derives from Ancient Greek 'ombros' - meaning shade or shadow. I found 'shadow' interesting as Psalm 91 is my life passage: Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the SHADOW or the Almighty.

Shari said...

Kevin just arrived home tonight... actually at 1:30 this morning. One of the gifts he brought me was a gorgeous wooden umbrella... now isn't that freaking.

So as I was gathering these umbrella pictures for my blog Kevin was half way around the world in a market looking at umbrellas for me. No Roxanne - it's my umbrella!!

Tammy said...

You guys are too cute. I like the big unbrella's, I like the ones that you find on the beach while your laying on a chais lounge soaking up the rays. AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Jen said...

I am with Tammy, but I have an Awesome big clear umbrella with a bright pink handle and a stripe of the same pink around the bottom....I can actually enjoy walking in the rain now. I got it when I had to walk to the school to get kids in the fall of 2006 and it was always raining.
It reminded me of the fun my little kiddies would have splashing in the puddles and catching the rain drops in their mouths.

Can't wait to see the one Kevin brought you Shari...I bet is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics, I never need a rain umbrella here, but everyone must have sun umbrella's here in Kelowna in the summer, or people and flowers will wilt in minutes.

Have fun having your hubby home, and enjoying your gifts.

Roxanne said...

Looks like I won't be needing your wooden umbrella Shari as I got one of my own. Love it!

Shari said...

I'm a strange one as I love walking in the rain... if it's not a major down pour.