MARINADE
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
2 Tbsp. Honey Mustard (regular is also fine and just add some honey)
1 tsp. salt (I prefer sea salt)
freshly ground black pepper (to preference)
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup white wine
1/3 cup apple sauce (I just used a prepackaged one for kids lunches which happened to be unsweetened - but it really doesn't matter)
Put all marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend. pour over entire roast of pork. Let the mixture marinate over the roast for at least a half hour prior to placing in the oven. I find it best to marinade for the half hour at room temperature as meat will be more tender when not exposed to extreme temperature changes.
I generally buy the long slender pork loin as it has no fat and cooks within an hour or less
After marinading is completed and just prior to putting roast in the oven I add 1/2 cup of both (I use whatever tetras box I have on hand - i.e. chicken or beef) Cook in a preheated oven till it's cooked to your desire.
Take cooked meat and place on a platter - cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute and then cut.
GRAVY - use the juices and marinade that remains in your pan - also add the rest remainder of broth in the tetras box, a dash of balsamic vinegar. If I've steamed any veggies I also add this to my gravy. Thicken your gravy and enjoy. You will find this gravy is full of flavour from everything that you put in your marinade.
Hint: If your gravy is too light in colour add a bit of instant coffee - just a bit will add depth to your gravy OR if the gravy needs both colour and salt add soya sauce.
With this roast I also serve BAKED APPLES. I thinly slice apples (leaving the skin on). Place them in a greased oven proof dish. Mix together dash of salt, brown sugar and cinamon. Sprinkle this mixture over the apple slices and then grate some orange zest(never grate the white skin as this is very bitter) over the top it all. Cook at 350 for 30- 40 minutes. The smell alone is wonderful.
1 comment:
Thanks Shari
I am looking forward to Steve cooking me this delightly meal.
And I will pass this on to my
son-inlaw.
Liane and I feel blessed to have married men who really enjoy cooking.
Post a Comment