I love my mother-in-law. She is independent, outgoing, athletic, easy going, a fantastic grandmother, but one Wild Driver.
I'm not kidding about the driving. You ask if she knows God and I'd reply "She'd have to - to drive like that". I have had SO MANY close calls while in her passenger seat. Parking Lots are especially terrifying.
Anyhow, last year while we were in Redding CA Betty came to stay with the kids. She wanted to take them all out to dinner. The kids were all apprehensive to get in a vehicle with Grandma behind the wheel - but were easily bribed with the thoughts of a meal at East Side Marios.
They are only houses away from the our place when the first potential for an accident occurred - in the midst of their near accident Grandma yells out to the kids "Seat Belts On Everyone!"
Amanda responds "Yes, Grandma... it's safety First"
"No" grandma replies.... "It's $78.00 ticket and you're all old enough to pay your own dang fine."
The kids burst into laughter - silly kids thinking safety was even on Grandma's raidar screen!!
10 comments:
HA!!!!!
That is sooo funny!
I love it.
Sounds like your mother inlaw is a real cracker jack.
HAHA! I can just hear Betty saying that!
HAHA HAHA!! Funny!
This was soo funny, I was still getting to know Betty so I had to cover my mouth to try and not laugh.
Almost getting t-boned while being in the passenger seat with her 2 days later, was scary. her response to that incident was "Wow, that was close!! Stupid transport driver." It was clearly her fault.
I almost died that day with Betty over a show repair, which is why we went to Trenton.
The worst part, is after finding the shoe repair, he was going to charge 20.00 so she said "screw him" and we turned around the went home.
Gotta love Kevin's Mom - she doesn't have internet but if she read all this she not be offended in the least.
She is one of a kind and has been so incredible to our kids over the years!!
She'd rather play ball or take them bowling or to the movies... who cares it the dishes aren't done and the beds aren't made... it's time to have fun!!
Driving with her does improve your prayer life for certain!!
Jenna
I've had two close calls with transports while a passenger with Betty.
That is like the time Ashley was driving with Todd's mom. She is quite the driver too. I will have to get the info about it and blog it. too funny LOL!!!!!!!
Sounds like she is quite a Riot....especially if you can witness it all from OUTSIDE her vehicle!!!
I can hear Betty saying that too! She'll tell it like it is. lol
Post a Comment