I spent some time in the hot tub with some kids. It's always interesting ot hear life and relationships from their perspective.
This is the just of one of the topics.
Statement: "It's more fun just to flirt with different girls than be stuck with a steady one."
Question from me: " I thought you had a girl friend"
Response : "No I dumped her"
Question: "How did that go?"
Response" "She cried and I said to her - This is Weird!"
Me: "Oh, that poor girl."
The older and wiser of the two boys now interjects: "Younger girls do that just for show... that way all their friends feel sorry for them and they get a lot of attention and sympathy in the school yard. She probably loved all the attention!"
*** Well girls, sitting in the hot tub was certainly educational last night... Now I Know The Rest Of The Story!
10 comments:
very interesting for sure. I love hearing from the view of younger people. IT's educational to say the least.
Humph! How rude!!!!
lol
Holly
Guys just see it in a different light.
I think the little girl had someone "new" within days... out with the old and in with the new.
Girls are so full of drama aren't they???
I can JUST IMAGINE my 5 year old 16...UGH! (lol)
Girls?
Dramatic?
Hee-hee...just go back and read my 1st comment...I guess we don't always outgrow it!!!
Drama Girls...OH do we know about that at our house!
NOT ME OF COURSE!!!
Guys really do see things so differently don't they?
Yikes!
I'm sticking with my "you have to wait til you are 18" to date rule...... much to the frustrationn of my son.
Too late for us on the 18 to date. Our two oldest choose to wait and number three... well that kind of .... is another story... and that's all I'll say about that.
When kids start dating it's an entirely different world. Although I'm happy that they've done their first dating while still under our roof as we have some input and guidance.
Having an open relationship is great with your kids But it's so hard when they are hurting. I found it more difficult to see my babies in pain than to go through it myself.
No dating at our house for awhile yet,but my kids have met some boys that they giggle about constantly. If you know my girls, you know what I mean. Thank God the boys live 3 provinces away! I like it this way ....
I read your blog before I left today for work and all that came to mind was this song.
And I couldn't get it out of my head all day no matter how much I asked God to remove this attack by satan.
Things sure have changed over the years.When it comes to dating.
We have one little one who just turned 13 in JH asking for advice on breaking up with a girl.
He thought it best to have a friend do it. To which I replied
Not on My watch.
Perhaps boys should read Kissed the girls and made them cry along with the girls.
Here is the song that drove me insane all day. Hahahaha
Sixteen Going on Seventeen Lyrics
(Rolf)
You wait, little girl, on an empty stage
For fate to turn the light on
Your life, little girl, is an empty page
That men will want to write on
[Liesl:]
To write on
[Rolf:]
You are sixteen going on seventeen
Baby, it's time to think
Better beware, be canny and careful
Baby, you're on the brink
You are sixteen going on seventeen
Fellows will fall in line
Eager young lads and rogues and cads
Will offer you food and wine
Totally unprepared are you
To face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared are you
Of things beyond your ken
You need someone older an wiser
Telling you what to do
I am seventeen going on eighteen
I'll take care of you
[Liesl:]
I am sixteen going on seventeen
I know that I'm naive
Fellows I meet may tell me I'm sweet
And willingly I believe
I am sixteen going on seventeen
Innocent as a rose
Bachelor dandies, drinkers of brandies
What do I know of those
Totally unprepared am I
To face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared am I
Of things beyond my ken
I need someone older and wiser
Telling me what to do
You are seventeen going on eighteen
I'll depend on you
Post a Comment