Monday, March 10, 2008

Turtle Cake


What better thing to do during a snow storm than prepare a beautiful dinner and try a new dessert recipe... that's exactly what we did at our place on Saturday night. This cake was AMAZING and yet SO EASY to prepare - ENJOY!!

TURTLE CAKE
1 pkg. Chocolate Cake Mix - mix according to directions on box

6 oz. chopped pecans
7 oz. eagle brand milk
6 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
14 oz. caramels
1/4 lb. butter

Mix cake as on package. Bake half of the mix in greased 9x11 pan (I used 2 large glass pie plates). In top of double boiler, melt butter, caramels, and milk. Remove top of double boiler from heat. Cool mixture slightly and pour over baked half of cake. pour on remaining cake batter. Sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 20-25 mins.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I absolutely MUST try this...I love these flavor combinations....Yummy!

Shari said...

I served it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I love caramel and chocolate - so it rated very high for me.

Tammy said...

sounds very good!!! anything with chocolate is good!!!!

Amy said...

I know I'm sick when this looks really grosse to me...lol..
I'll try this next week when the flu bug leaves me!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're sick Amy :(