It's after midnight and my son has just arrived home from yet another band practice. He's tired, has a sore back, and is Starving.... but at the same time has this incredible sense of Satisfaction and Accomplishment. Derek is doing something that he's passionate about - it lights him up!!
What brings you a sense of satisfaction? What lights you up?
For some it may be having everything in their home in order... for others it's losing that last 10 lbs.... or perhaps it's putting the last paint stroke on the canvas.
Something that really lights me up is contained in the following passage. I'm not often drawn to "The Message" but this is one of those exceptions.
Colossians 3:15-17 (The Message)
"Let the peace of Christ keep you in tune with each other, in step with each other. None of this going off and doing your own thing. And cultivate thankfulness. Let the Word of Christ—the Message—have the run of the house. Give it plenty of room in your lives. Instruct and direct one another using good common sense. And sing, sing your hearts out to God! Let every detail in your lives—words, actions, whatever—be done in the name of the Master, Jesus, thanking God the Father every step of the way."
When my family ,our church body and myself are functioning and living out this passage - WOW, what a sense of satisfaction.
God let it be SO!
3 comments:
I think a lot about peace and joy. I am determined, that no matter what comes my way, I will continue to look for the blessings in my life. As I have a thankful heart I find I experience peace and joy. This impacts how I see things and certainly how I respond.
I always feel satisfied when I feel like I have achieved something. For the past few years it's education based, but it can also be connecting with someone new (I am not naturally a social person, I have to work at it), getting the house in order or getting through my daily "to-do" list.
Satisfaction is ALSO something I feel when I get to sit down to drink my morning cup of coffee!
Satisfaction!!! I feel a sense of accomplishment when I do a good job at my profession, and also when I sing......
I love the way the message puts that verse.
Awesome!!!!
Post a Comment