Monday, December 1, 2008

The View


A young couple moves into a new neighborhood.
The next morning while they are eating breakfast, the young woman sees her neighbor hanging the wash outside. "That laundry is not very clean", she said. "She doesn't know how to wash correctly. Perhaps she needs better laundry soap."

Her husband looked on, but remained silent.

Every time her neighbor would hang her wash to dry, the young woman would make the same comments.

About one month later, the woman was surprised to see a nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband: "Look, she has learned how to wash correctly. I wonder who taught her this?"

The husband replied, "I got up early this morning and CLEANED OUR WINDOWS."

And so it is with life. What we see, when watching others, depends on the purity of the window through which we are looking.

Lord may I be quick to reach for the windex and paper towels!

8 comments:

Maureen said...

Thanks for windexing my eyes.
Makes for seeing things clearly.
Great Post

Rhonda said...

I love how you give us a different 'perspective' on things. :) Great post Shari!

Nana Cheryl said...

So often we believe that "MY perspective" has to be the true one. We must be open to adjustments in our understanding when we can "see clearly" what the situation really is. It is impossible to know ALL and far too often we jump to our own conclusions - declaring them to be the truth. Great reminder.

Jen said...

Ohhh... that was good.
We all need this reminder periodically.
I'm a little strange, but I remember as a very little girl, realizing one day that I was the only person in the whole world who would ever experience the world as I see it. That, what I see with my eyes, would be different from anybody else's, due to the fact that Only I could see what I was looking at at that moment in time from that exact perspective.
(Yeah, I know, way too deep for such a little kid, but I am trying to make up for all that in my older years..LOL!!)
Sometimes, we have to really stop and look through other's eyes and more importantly, through the eyes of Jesus.

Shaun and Holly said...

Ah perspective! Great post Shari.
H.

Bryna said...

Just wanted to let you know Kevin's online interview for Streams of Hope is up on the blog! Check it out :)

Tammy said...

Great post!!! SO TRUE!!!!!

Amy said...

So so true!!
Great post!!