Thursday, April 19, 2007

Spring Flower Festival






15 comments:

Jen said...

AWWWW!!!
Would this be the Tulip Festival in Ottawa Shari? That was probably my favorite festival when we lived there. Such Beauty....
I haven't been able to organize a trip back at that time since we left.

We are heading that way for Victoria Day weekend....maybe they will still be around with this funny weather.

Shari said...

Jen

At least half of the photos are from the Ottawa Tulip Festival. It too was one of my favorite sites to see. Niagara Falls also features amazing tulip beds.

Last year we were in Ottawa early May but the flowers hadn't yet begun to bloom. So you may get to enjoy them on Victoria Day...things are definately delayed this year - But Snow does tend to do that!!

Shaun and Holly said...

I love the warmer weather!!!! Nice pics Shari! I have 4 beautiful crocus in bloom...yeah!!!

Amy said...

These are lovely....I have begun to really enjoy flowers...
I'm so ready for a trip to the Ottawa market...oooohhh...

Anonymous said...

I was just admiring a load of tulips today.
What I love about them is how their petals open up to the sun. Today I was thinking that they look like a bunch of hands raised high praising God.

It made me think that as we open up to the Son, we want to raise our hands and just worship Him.

You always have lovely tulips Shari.

Anonymous said...

I was just admiring a load of tulips today.
What I love about them is how their petals open up to the sun. Today I was thinking that they look like a bunch of hands raised high praising God.

It made me think that as we open up to the Son, we want to raise our hands and just worship Him.

You always have lovely tulips Shari.

Teena said...

tulips are awesome...did you take these photos? cheryl awesome perspective on raising hands to God.

Amy said...

I want to be spiritual about Cheryls post but all I can do is laugh...sorry Cheryl.
(don't ask!)

Unknown said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely. I so love flowers... my favorite would be lavender, though. These tulips are fantastic...

Anonymous said...

Hey I know my comment sounded corny, but truly, I was thinking those thoughts as I was driving looking at tulips. I'm an interesting sort I know......

Amy said...

Cheryl,
I was chuckling about "Shari's tulips"

Shari said...

Okay Amy...I'm not getting what is sooo funny about the tulips.

Help Amy!!

Anonymous said...

I wondered if it was the tulips. It was kinda corny huh!

I won't say anything else or I'll incriminate myself big time.......

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder how many posts can be written about tulips........... could it beat Amy's 40 record??!!! Not as interesting as who might be pregnant.

Shari said...

Cheryl

Maybe Amy is thinking the tulips look pregnany?

Teena,
I did not take these photos but got them off of flickr I think Holly also gets pics off of this site.