
Kevin and I were in youth Ministry for 11 years and worked with kids from all walks of life.In one particular church we had a young man name "Brian". Now, Brian was a colourful 19 year old... he was being raised by his grandparents as dad was a drug dealer and mom a prostitude in the big city.
Brian had broken his leg and was in a wheel chair. In the midst of a special speaker from Hundred Huntley street sharing in the Sunday morning service, Brian began moving up the isle... stopping and whispering in different people's ears... on and on he went gradually making his way up the isle.
My husband was sitting on the platform becoming more and more agitated. At this point Brian is half way to the front and decides to pick up speed in his wheel chair so he can "pop a wheelie"... and begins to shout out ... "Hey, Hey ... Mr. Speaker... if I have faith... even faith even of a mustard seed... do you think God could light my cigarette?"
I've never seen Kevin move so fast... he was down to Brian and wheeled that chair right out of the service before the congregation could even clue into what was happening. I thought more than just a cigarette was going to be lite up that day.
......And some people think ministry and the church is boring... stick around us... cause you Never Know What Will Happen.
7 comments:
I remember Kevin telling me this story....too funny!
funny story i have a blog now too
HAHAHA!!!
I've always wanted to try a wheelie in a wheel chair!
I would have loved to see that. Ministry and boring should not go together at all........
That's funny!!!
I would have loved to have been there for that one...too funny!
haha...that's a good story. My favourite one so far is still when the Christmas tree was burnt in the parking lot at Calvary Temple.
Post a Comment