Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Just for Fun

Just for fun - thanks to Holly

What I was doing 10 years ago?
Raising kids… and trying to avoid getting TOO involved in ministry – especially with women!! (sorry girls but it’s true)

Five Snacks I enjoy: (not in any kind of order!)
1. Cookies
2.Hickory Sticks & chocolate milk
3. Homemade french fries preferable cooked in peanut oil.
4. strawberries
5 Fruit & Nut chocolate bar

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Eliminate all our debt
2. set-up trust funds for our kids
3. pay off church mortgage
4. take our immediate family, our Mom’s, my siblings & their families on a trip
5. Set-up a RISK foundation

Five jobs that I have had:(most recent first)
1. secretary
2. housecleaner
3. private caregiver for handicapped individuals
4. children’s Pastor
5. night school teacher for adult education

Three of my habits:
1. soaking in the hot tub
2. Coffee…. Coffee…. Coffee…
3. dusting

Bad Habits...
1. Nail biter
2. avoiding laundry
3. avoiding book work

Five things not many people know about me:
1. I love to go fishing
2. When pregnant with Ryan I craved Kraft Dinner and Raw potatoes with tons of salt and pepper on each slice!!
3. As a little girl, I would reload bullets with my Dad.
4. I didn’t get my driver’s license till I was 27 yrs old
5. I’ve killed a bat by beating it with a broom

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I was at your place when you killed that bat! lol!

Tammy said...

I will have to do this on my blog....

Roxanne said...

LOL...I would have loved to see you kill that bat. I remember staying overnight at your house once, when Kev was away. We were on bat patrol half the night!! I'm thankful you got a new house.

Amy said...

Sounds like we need to stay away from Shari and brooms?? Maybe you can give Mike a few tips when he goes to those "bat" calls..?

Shari said...

We've used butcher knives... but it's a bit messy.

Broom works great if they've landed but not while they're flying.

I've even tried using a dust pan but it creates to much force for the weight of the bat and just pushes the bat out of the way.

The best weapon is a tennis racket. But don't swing TOO hard or you could end up slicing and dicing!!

We killed 32 bats in a years and a half between the two sides of the Duplex on Station street - so I think I qualify as "experienced"!!