I've never opened this note in my fortune cookie... nor the one that Vicki's daughter recently opened... but I do have a fortune cookie story. June 3rd 1986 my husband took me out for a wonderful chinese dinner. At the end of our dinner we received the traditional fortune cookie. My message read "Soon Your Burden Will Be Lifted"... to which Kev and I burst into laughter. The following day - June 4th I gave birth to our 9 lb. 6 oz son! My burden became a bundle!!
Okay girls, I don't place ANY substance in these cookies but do have fun hearing everyones story. Do you have any fortune cookie stories to share?
4 comments:
I don't personally have a fortune cookie story, but my aunt was purposed to by her 2nd husband in a fortune cookie, I thought that was adorable! The ring was in his cookie, and a note saying "will you marry me" was in hers.
I have tons of fortune cookie stories. I would take all the space telling them all. They are very neat actually.
I have one!!! Dale has a thing for all my different smiles he says that light up everything;) The first time we went for dinner and I opened my cookie and what did it say but "your smile lights the world"!!!
Ahh ... these are making me smile!
Post a Comment