Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Life Verse

The following is my "Life Verse". In a season where negative/depressing thoughts dominated my mind - I grabbed a hold of Philippians 4:8 and put it into practice. It's a POWERFUL verse when applied to your life and mind! Do you have a Life Verse and if so why?
Philippians 4:8 (New International Version)
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Philippians 4:8 (Amplified Bible)
For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them].

9 comments:

Roxanne said...

My life verse is from Psalm 91.
I dwell in the secret place of The Most High. I rest under the shadow of The Almighty. I say of the Lord: You are my refuge, my fortress, my God and I am trusting you.
This passage became my anchor, beginning in Sept./02 when I faced a huge storm.
The storm has not passed but I have learned to experience peace and joy in the midst of it all.
I AM SO BLESSED!

Jen said...

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

I carried a bookmark with this verse on it with me in high school...I was concerned about following the Lord and His will for me, yet I was also quite intellectual, this verse taught me not to trust only in what I understood or could see. I have held tightly to this verse in times of confusion, uncertainty or difficulty.
He has always been faithful to His word as well.

Maureen said...

Be still, and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)
Not an easy one to do,especially for a constant thinker. Why this?
Why That? and yes Why Me?
I am learning to listen.

Amy said...

Like Jen, I too have carried Proverbs 3:5,6 with me. It is the first verse I memorized, and quote it often still.

Williams Family Blog said...

Jeremiah 29:11, We heard it in a devotional at Bible College and have kept it ever since.

Shari said...

Roxanne - Sharon S. refers to this as her 911 passage.

Shari said...

Maureen -
I must admit - reading your life verse did bring a chuckle!

Tammy said...

My life verse is Pro. 3:5-6 as well. It was been my anchor when ever things just didn't make sense this. Trust in me, and don't lean upon your understanding but in everything acknowledge me and I will direct you. "Tammy's paraphrase".....
Oh Shari, I did just do a new post, check it out!!!!!

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.