Kevin faithfully locks his car, but on this one particular evening several weeks ago - he simply forgot. The next morning my husband discovered that his Ipod and transmitter were gone. They had been stolen in our very own driveway - “Why... Of All The Nerve!”
This event reminded Kevin of how we must guard our hearts and minds as the enemy is sneaking about just looking for opportunity for us to leave an open door.... even just once. The enemy is looking for us to be careless, so that he can kill, steal or destroy. Satan is an opportunist. Now I’m not suggesting that we should function in fear but we do need to be aware and continually walk in the wisdom of God and His ways.
The story doesn’t end. Last week someone mentioned reading in our local newspaper about the police catching local youth that were stealing items from vehicles in the East End of our city. After four trips to the police station, Kevin “finally” met with the officer from the evidence room.
Amongst the stolen items recovered from the boys backpacks was one very special IPod and Transmitter. Great News - That which was Lost is Now Found.
The enemy may have a lot of nerve but my God has Unlimited Power. "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37
8 comments:
I like the way you tied together what lerks in the night that comes to steal from us is also lerking daily waiting to steal not only our posessions but our hearts as well.
We should post signs that say
Be Aware Big God on Premisses
I am glad Kevin got his Ipod returned.
God is sooo Great and I will pray tonight for the person/persons who
did this that they may see that they are worthy and need not resort to this type of behaviour
Awww this is a great post!
I'm glad he got it back!!! No more Christmas music though :( LOL
NO worries Jenna as Kev loves Christmas music and will have a huge selection on his Ipod.
Maureen - I love your idea for a sign!!
So glad Kevin got to experience "restoration" in getting his belongings back.
Like Mo, I really like the creative way you tied the stolen IPOD to the way evil is waiting for just a moment to steal light from someone’s life. You are so right so many times we often let our guard down and wined up skinning our knees as we falling down on the pavement. But we are loved by an ever constant Father, even we are not constant. It is His love that restores what is lost or stolen.
So I guess what I’m saying is I really enjoyed you post and as always I look forward to more.
Juls
So glad there was a happy ending.
We've forgotten a few times to lock our vehicles in our driveway and when we do, any loose change that was in the vehicle is gone by morning.
Shari
I told my cousin about this and she in turn reminded me of when her vehicle was broken into twice.They stole Cd's
many cd's in the car but only her new worship cd's were stolen.
So $80.00 later after she replaced them,the car was broken into again at her husbands place of work and only the worship cd's.
Instead of getting mad for losing now $160.00 she praised God as she felt strongly in her heart that somewhere out there was a mother praying for her child to turn their life around. Imagine the look on their faces when they played their ill gotten booty.
glad to hear that you got it back!
Post a Comment