Today I learned a very valuable lesson that I thought all could benefit from hearing and hopefully not repeating my mistake.
I was in the church kitchen preparing a snack for our worship team. The coffee was on, the fruit was cut and the muffins were ready to go.
I was chatting with a couple from our church. We were all just laughing and having fun….. And then it happened…. Mom had what my kids would refer to as a “brain fart”.
I learned that wet ceramic floors, high heels, and fast movements - Are Not A Good Combination.
One moment I was chasing someone in effort to “give them the boot” and the next moment I was flat on my back. It happened so FAST!!! I hit the floor HARD and my elbow came down with a THUD. Everyone was holding their breath………. waiting……..then I began to laugh, deep belly laughter. The entire thing struck me sooooo funny!
I was in pain and needed help getting up. I managed to drape my coat over my ice packed arm and keep it hidden as I chatted with people in the lobby and throughout the service.
I finally told Kev what I’d done and let him have a peek. My elbow is nasty looking; extremely swollen, black and blue…. not pretty! Tomorrow I will see the doctor (at Kevin’s insistence). He is concerned that I may have chipped the bone.
Anyhow, I am a little sore and stiff…but it was funny. I will skip my treadmill routine tonight and not feel the least bit guilty!
I’ve added a new thing to my reformation list…no running, chasing, or kicking on wet ceramic tile floors while wearing high heel shoes. I would encourage you all to join me in this reformation idea!!
7 comments:
Oh Shari!
I hope you are feeling better today!
That would have been nasty.
I will remember your words of wisdom though...."no butt kicking in high heals"...Butt kicking as a whole is not out of the question though is it?
Hope you heal quickly...and that you weren't in some flouncy skirt that ended up around your ears in the process...that would have been so much worse!
Jen
Oh my...Let us know what the Dr. says!! Your poor elbow...it was not laughing! ;o)
Laughter is wonderful though, isn't it?! I hope it helps you heal faster!!!!
Holly
Too funny!! I'm sorry but I laughed when I read it, and felt empathy too.
What makes me laugh even more, is remembering your unique and contagious laugh. Your son Derek has the same laugh.
We will pray for that elbow. And good for you, not to feel quilty about going on the treadmill!
Cheryl
Hope you are feeling better.
It is true what they say...Laughter is the best medicine.
Say, your not thinking of taking up figure skating any time soon??
:) Karen
Hope you are feeling better.
It is true what they say...Laughter is the best medicine.
Say, your not thinking of taking up figure skating any time soon??
:) Karen
oh...ouch!!
That is so my on the ground.... but it's because I am clumsy...I'd do that with flats.
Hope you feel better soon!
Amy
Hi Shari
I fell on some ice one time while my hands were full and of course not wanting to drop my food, my elbow braced my fall. I think there is nothing worse than landing on an elbow. Those bones were not meant to hold our weight.
Take care of yourself!!
Rhonda
Post a Comment